HSHMC Mission Statement
HSHMC is a place where people want to learn about health and healthcare as part of a world-class education. HSHMC is a home away from home, an open door, a place of rigor and academia where students earn a diploma that matters. We do what it takes, we do no harm, we set no limits on our potential to learn and grow, we do it like a family, and we LOVE what we do!
Principle 1: Health and Healthcare
- We learn and apply skills and knowledge through the lens of healthcare and health careers.
- We learn, practice, and promote the health of the community and its citizens.
- We learn and assume roles, responsibilities, and advances in promoting health.
Principle 2: Home Away from Home
- Each student has access to personalized learning and is supported by qualified, caring educators, practitioners, and mentors.
- HSHMC is a place where independence, responsibility, and accountability are fostered and respected.
- HSHMC is a place where everyone belongs, has a role, contributes, feels safe, and is a respected member. As an academic community, we support and care for each other through conscientious decision-making.
Principle 3: Diploma that Matters
- Each student is challenged by a rigorous, well-balanced, standards-based curriculum.
- Each student is actively engaged in learning at school and within the broader community.
- Each student is prepared for success in college or further study and for employment in a fulfilling career.
- Graduates assume responsible and caring roles in their families and communities. Each student is prepared for success in college or further study and for employment in a fulfilling career.
- Graduates will be known as people who take actions that positively impact their home, community, and world-at-large.
- Graduates will be sought by colleges, employers and community groups who recognize them for their knowledge, skills, and human compassion.
- HSHMC is a place where learning goes beyond the walls of a classroom.
Principle 4: Respect for Self, Others and Environment
- HSHMC is a place where each individual is recognized and accepted for his/her uniqueness and beliefs.
- HSHMC is a place where there is value in every voice, and everyone communicates honestly and respectfully.
- We seek to understand, respect, and celebrate the diversity around us.
- We understand, seek, and accept active roles as important members of our pluralistic community.
- Each student and employee is responsible for his/her words and actions.
- We all conduct ourselves and treat others with dignity and respect.
- We care about and for the environments in which we live, learn, recreate, and work.